Wednesday, February 27, 2008

the saga continues

For those of you just waiting on the edge of your seat to hear about the wellbeing of the triplets...this post is for you -

Told from the perspective of Mary-

Mommy's last message left off with Gabby and Mateo having the "stomach bugs" and her having to take us to the doctor's office. I dont' understand why she would lay us down for a nap at 10am, only to wake us up by 10:30am so that we could leave. And the rain... augh! I was soaking wet. The doctor's visit was a loooong time and the hour and a half visit resulted in 1 more with an ear infection, Tato, my baby brother. He cried the whole time we were there - probably because I kept pulling the hair on the back of his head. But I was bored and Mommy wasn't giving me crackers and gold fish fast enough. Although sissy's ear (Gabby) isn't infected, I bet she will get sick by the end of the week. The nurse swabbed Mateo and Gabby for the flu, but it came back negative...so they have some sort of other nasty virus. Mommy finally put a video in our dvd player so at least we could watch some tv for a short time. We didn't like being in there!

When we left, it was still raining...and we got all wet again! I was sooo hungry, but we didn't go home. Instead we went to that yucky, smelly place called Walmart...so that Mommy could get Mateo's medicine. Mommy said it would only be a couple of minutes because the doctors office was calling in the RX. But it wasn't!!! We had to walk around and wait for the medicine to be ready.

Poor Mommy. She tried everything to keep us calm. She gave us water out of McDonalds cups (but we kept grabbing them and throwing them on the floor.) And she walked us around, but we kept trying to stand up in our seats.... and I especially like to arch my back and put my head in sissy's face because it makes her mad! And then we lost another Paci... so I got mad and threw a fit. I need my paci. Sissy had to be held at one point.... and finally, they had Mateo's medicine ready. (Mommy gave him a dose in the car before we left.)

Finally we got home and had some toast and juice. We tried to take a nap before dinner... but we were so exhasuted, we just couldn't sleep!

Anyway.... I think Mommy thought that the illness was behind her. But she was wrong! Today, when we went to take Daddy's pager to the hospital, Gabby threw up again in the car. Whoa it smelled!!! So now, Mommy is washing the car seat cover (and lots of clothes) again. She seems to be washing clothes a lot, lately.