Tuesday, February 26, 2008

no escaping IT

Yes, by "IT" I do mean the nasty, gut wrenching, stenchy puke. I hate the word. Even the word makes my stomach tie up in knots. Is there a better synonym out there? Perhaps purge would be better? (No, I really don't think so....)

I had a great monologue figured out for this blog post, last night at 2am, but it seems to have left my brain at the moment. You all asked for it... play by play's of what is going on in the life of the triplets.... and so you have it....

We have had another re-occurance of the stomach bug. (Ahhhh...that sounds better...but does it even begin to hint at the full force and meaning of what the trio, Lou and I are experiencing at the moment?) I think not. Stomach bug sounds almost cute...and cute, this is not.

Gabby was up all night with the "bug" (we'll use it for the sake of the readers) and an especially high fever. We have a feeling that she has since caught the ear infection that Mary has. And then Mateo woke up this morning - not feeling well .... but it wasn't until an hour or so later that his "bug" christened the rest of us. Poor guy.... seems he can't escape it either. Last week and again, this week. My hope is that he, too, has the same ear infection which will hopefully be remedied by antibiotics. We'll find out at a 11am when we visit the doctor's office. (And by "we" I mean the trio and myself. I just can't keep asking the neighbor to go with me every time I run to the dr's office. Sigh...)

The worst part about all of this isn't necessarily the "bug" - it is that I only have 2 arms and am limited in how much I can consule, hug, and catch "flying bugs". (In addition to wiping down dirty babies.) Now is the time that I really, really need my family and help. Any volunteers? :)

Keeping us in your prayers will suffice....and let's hope that Mommy doesn't catch this nasty bug... she is already beginning to feel squeamish.