Tuesday, July 31, 2012

that's how God made me

In the car the other day (most conversations are done in the car) I told the trio how I didn't like them goofing around at bedtime.  From in the kitchen, I can hear them jump down out of the top bunk bed (which we just recently bunked) and run down the hall to use the bathroom...

Gabby - but Mom, I needed to use the potty. 
Mom - Gabby, I heard several jumps, not just one
Gabby - well Mary had to go to the potty
Mary - yeah, I had to poop
Gabby - and then she had to pee
Mom - well, we need to limit how often we are getting out of bed after bedtime
Gabby - Mom, we can't help it, it is how God made us.  God made me have to pee once... and God made Mary have to poop and pee lots of times.  We are all different and have to pee and poop more than each other... that is how God made us!

How am I supposed to argue with that?