Tuesday, August 14, 2012

two weeks to go...

In just about two weeks, my threesome will be entering kindergarden.  I recall as a kid wanting to grow up - and fast.  How I daydreamed about being older (whether at the time it was to be a third grader, or seventh grader, or a junior in high school).. I just couldn't wait!  I kept thinking how better life would be if I was just older.... and now, as the summer draws to an end, and I know that their full days of school are just around the corner, I can't possibly picture them any older than the tiny 4 pounders I held in my arms.

How ironic is that when you are a kid, you want to be older... but when you are older, you want your kids to be kids forever...

I don't know who is going to go through a bigger transition... the trio being in full day school, or me, knowing that I don't have to satisfy every whim, referee every fight, or kiss every boo-boo throughout the day.  Poor Abby is going to be smothered.