Tuesday, May 17, 2011

biggest STUNT to date

When I was pregnant, I heard many (MANY) stories from Moms of multiples (and friends of Moms of multiples) as to the horrendous stunts that kiddo's can pull when they put their minds together. And I admit, I was worried. Disastrous, safety-concern stunts that make a Mom quake with fear.

And then my three, precious ones were born...and were no trouble at all. And even as they have gotten older, (and I may complain about how hard it is to raise them) they have been relatively calm in their shenanigans. Rolls of toilet paper dragged around the house, or obstacle courses made out of furniture... or some spilled water/juice here and there are the worst that I have faced. Even Abigail has been more trouble-some than her 3 siblings combined!

But the time has come for me to face fact that they are older and although innocent (and relatively naive) they will pull stunts that will scare me- like last night.
As I did my nightly routine check on all 4, I thought that something was amiss in their beds. I didn't see the lumpy, bumpy figures of 3, each in their own bed. Upon further inspection, I realized that NONE of them were in their beds. So I checked the spare room thinking they were all snuggled together in one bed... nope. And as Lou came up the stairs I informed him that they weren't in their beds and to check our room. They were most certainly in there! Nope. Quick check in Abby's room on the floor... nope! Panic started to settle in as I was trying to imagine where all 3 could be? As I headed back to their room to check the closets, I heard a faint breathing noise...(you know, sort of a "sigh"/"click"/"thumb suck") coming from under Mary's bed. But I couldn't SEE under Mary's bed because the trundle bed was pulled up close to the edge of Mary's bed (as it normally is when Gabby is sleeping in said trundle bed). I looked at Lou and said... "are they under there?" As we started to pull Gabby's trundle bed out from under Mary's bed we found all 3 kiddo's snuggled together... with their pillows, on the carpeted floor.

A game of hide & seek that went a little too far.