Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I just don't want to forget....

Just some short recent stories/tidbits that I don't want to forget...

Tonight, the girls were picking out soft animals to take up to bed - Christmas reindeer and bears and snowmen. Mateo was upset that he didn't have one (and that he didn't like the remaining choices) but I was holding the very hungry Caterpillar in my arms and he conceded. As we were getting ready for bed, he told me that he had named his Caterpillar, "Lucy." For the rest of the bedtime routine, Lucy participated. I think he (yes, he) will be around for a while.

Two nights ago, when we were doing our shower routine, the news was on tv. I wasn't paying much attention as I was trying to lotion them up and dry the girls hair, but Mateo approached me and told me that he had seen someone on tv. I stopped at his insistence to find out that he had spotted a picture of "Abraham Lincoln"... who was a "president." Amazed, since I know he didn't learn this from me.. I asked him how he knew... he paused, and said, "I used my brain."

Abby has taken a liking to singing. Her favorites are "Rudolph" and "happy birthday." Be careful, though... when she sings happy birthday, she likes to blow out the candles. Well, rather, she likes to thoroughly spit on the pretend candle. "Brpt!!!!!!!"

Right now, the trend is for Gabby to help Mateo in whatever he is doing "no, Mateo... it is like this!!! and for Mary to encourage Abby to follow her around. "Come on, Abby!."