Thursday, January 21, 2010

Baby Abigail

Birth story.....
All last week I had been having contractions on and off... and at various points we thought that we were pretty close to going to the hospital....but then they would taper off. Finally on Thursday (1/14/10) evening, they became more regular and by 11pm, they were 2-3min apart.

We arrived at Fairview Hospital and were in the birthing room by midnight. I didn't receive my epidural until 4am. (Poor Lou - having to suffer through 4 hours with me!!!) By 7am, the doctor broke my water.... and by 9:30am they were giving me medication to speed up the contractions.... luckily, the epidural was still somewhat working (but by no means, working all the way!!!) My doctor arrived just about 11:45am and told me that I could start pushing.

Abigal Haleya was born at 12:24pm... and according to Lou, came into this world like a rocket! (And I believe it... when her head was out, the doctor wasn't in the room and chaos erupted as the nurse and Lou told me to "STOP PUSHING" so that they could get the doctor in the room to catch the rest of her).

I have a completely different respect for women and motherhood having gone through a VBAC (vaginal delivery after c-section) .... the Lord must know what he is doing to allow our bodies to go through such a miraculous experience.



within an hour of being born


the "girls"


1/18/10


1/18/10