Thursday, September 17, 2009

overheard

I am constantly reminded how blessed I am to have these children... and am LOVING the conversations that I now get to overhear....

Gabby - "I'm calling Daddy" (as she picks up the pocket calculator that I bought el-cheapo at Target) when we are in the car enroute on an errand....
"Mom, turn that thing down" (referring to the sing along dvd that MUST be played every time we get into the car"
Mommy - "I can't turn it down" (i.e. I am driving)
Gabby - yelling loudly into calculator "daddy you work?"
Gabby- "daddy doggie pooping" (as we drive by a man who is walking his dog"
Gabby - "I can't hear, turn that thing down"
Mommy - "Gab, I can't turn it down"
Gabby - turning to Mary & Mateo (who are engaged in the dvd) - "yell hi to daddy!"
Mary - "hi daddy"
Mateo - "hi daddy"

If only Lou had supersonic hearing.