Monday, August 31, 2009

park bench

I made my first "alone" attempt at taking the trio to a "somewhat" larger scale park today.. (Larger scale = 4 different play structures with 3 different sets of swings).... with the insane thought that they would 1. all go off and play on THE SAME structure, and 2. I would enjoy the view from the park bench.

What was I thinking???

Actually, though... at one point, when I was standing back from the play structure (I will settle for not being able to sit as long as I am not pushing some little hiney up the rock wall or up the ladder) it occurred to me how much they have grown up since last year when we visited the same park. (And by that I mean with both Grammy & Pa along helping keep an eye...) They are now able to pretty much climb up themselves (much to my horror), and pick which slide they want to go down (of course Mateo still likes to come down face first), and not need Mommy to be their shadow.

Perhaps the view from the park bench isn't too far out into the future... but maybe they'll take pity on me and at least ask to be pushed in the swing.... I mean they shouldn't have to do everything by themselves....right?