Wednesday, February 29, 2012

i'm handsome and I know it

There is a hip-hop song out now that is called, "I'm sexy and I know it." Appropriate for the triplets? Probably not...but none-the-less, they have heard the song. I altered the words a bit and replaced "sexy" with "handsome" for Mateo...and "pretty" for the girls. They understand that the other word is for grown-up use and not for them to say.

This morning, when Mateo dressed himself, he put on the pants and zipper coat of his black and red warm up suit. Pretty sharp looking. As I told him how "nice" he looked- dressing himself, he replied... "I'm handsome and I know it!" And then, of course, followed up with a dimpled smile.

Tonight, as we were getting ready for bed, he unzipped the jacket and I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt underneath.

I guess he really DID want to be sexy!