Friday, November 6, 2009

fall days....

If anyone truly knows me, then they would know that I am BIG on traditions. Fall used to be a very fun time in the Schwartz family when I was growing up. The leaves changing colors (my Mom often referred to W.182 (a street lined with trees on the tree lawns) as the "golden arches" when they would burst with yellow).... apple picking, leaf fights, hay rides, pumpkin picking, halloween... all the good stuff.

So, of course now that I am back in Cleveland, I want to... no- correction - I NEED to do these things with my children.... it is important to me.

Hilary and I took the 5 kids down to the metroparks (oh, how I have missed the valley in my 7 years away!) and had our own leaf fight...pictures on the cell phone so those will be uploaded at a different time... but below are just a few of the fall events that we were able to squeeze in, amongst the flu...

and if this is any indicator of where my "traditional" bones are leading me, then the kiddo's better watch out for Christmas!



Pupkintown USA... the Schwartz traditional spot for taking a hayride and picking your own pumpkin. Unfortunately, their crop of pumpkins was not good and we were only able to enjoy the hayride....




Halloween.... I skimped out and let the trio wear costumes that we had already acquired over the year.... princess's for the girls and a power-ranger for Mateo. Lou, his brother Mike (and his wife Alysia) took the trio around the hood while I passed out candy... They lasted about 1/2hr... due to the presence of dogs... man alive we need to get them over this fear!