Thursday, April 2, 2009

appreciation...

It's time to philosophize.. (is that really even a word? I spell checked it and it said it was ok....)
Anyway... today I had yet another encounter with the staff at our local grocery store, Harris Teeter. I am not sure if we have mentioned them in previous blogs....other than the fact that the triplets and I make our weekly visit to this store and the staff SPOILS us. And I do mean "us" - not just the babies.

What strikes me the most about our weekly visit is not just the fact that they give us a "helper" to push the cart as we walk around the store doing our shopping, but are the friends that I have made at this place. Yes, we have been going there for over a year now, but seriously...who can make such sincere friends out of a 5, 10, or even 15min conversation? These people love (and I really do mean love) my kids... they kiss them, feed them, and act as though we are family to them... And they support me. (especially during December when Grammy passed away.) I actually look forward to my weekly trips to the "teeter" to socialize and spend time with them... and so do the kids. In fact, they have started to learn our friends names... so thank you, Christa, Jan-Jan (i.e. Gi-gi) and all of the other staff at HT...

But that's not all.... we have another group of people at the kidzone (day care at the gym where I work out) that truly seem to care about the kids...they take the time to talk to me, the trio....and have grown to be a supportive role during our time here in Charlottesville. When Gabby is asking if Pam or Amo are going to be ACAC... you know that they are being treated well...

And what about all the people down in Jacksonville that supported and befriended me before and during the trio? My Hidden Hills freinds like Julia, Cindy, and Sandra.... or Tammy and Pattey? They didn't have to give up personal time to help me with the kids or support me mentally and emotionally during my pregnancy. But they are kind hearted, generous women who have blessed my lives with their presence.

How many people are lucky enough to experience this once in their lifetime? And I seem to find examples everywhere I turn.

We should all be so lucky.....