Thursday, November 8, 2007

the "cage"

I know that there is something inherently wrong with caging up the trip's.... and I feel bad for them, I really do. They want freedom to roam. They want the opportunity to grab the tv remove, the dvd remote, the cable remote. (one for each!) They want to explore their surroundings and pull every huggies wipe, out of the box. They want to bang the silver door handles on the coffee table and eat the cardboard container that used to hold a light bulb. They need to crawl into the dining room and eat any scraps off the floor that I just haven't been able to swipe up yet. They crave it!

but (and it is a small but)

mommy needs peace of mind....and if their safety is based upon the fact that for 1/2hr they be caged up and can watch some baby einstein.... and get too close for comfort...than so be it!

(see... I reason with myself and say "they could look and have looked more angry")